Saturday, July 23, 2011

Weekend Excitment

Well it has been an eventful weekend at the Wilson household! Thursday afternoon, Claira-lynn and I had a little incident. She got swiped by someone running by and it made me lose my balance, but thankfully did not knock me over. It hurt really bad, but I called the Dr's office and they said if my water hadn't broken yet or I had no bleeding, then I was fine. Whew! Thought everything was fine and was very relieved until I went to the bathroom later. I saw some blood so I called the Dr back again and she said we needed to come to Labor and Delivery at Rex for observation. (It was after hours.) I picked Carey up from helping some of our friends move, they prayed over us, and we were on our way to the hospital not know what was in store. On the way there we were trying to mentally prepare ourselves if this meant we would meet our sweet girl much earlier than planned. While driving to the hospital, I started having contractions. It wasn't a huge surprise because I have been having Braxton Hicks for a while now, but these felt a little different. We arrived at the hospital and were sitting in the waiting room in LD waiting for the nurse to come get us, and my contractions started getting stronger and much closer together. Carey was wonderful and practiced helping me relax by putting into practice some techniques we have learned in our Bradley classes. They really weren't painful but I think it was difficult because they were stronger and it was way too early for them to be that strong! We still have 8 weeks to go! The nurse came in to get us and was super sweet. She took us into Triage and got me changed and hooked up to a monitor. Claira-lynn's heartbeat looked great and sounded great! Whew! That is what I had been waiting to hear. So we thought we would be out of there and on our way home in a few hours. Little did we know that Mommy's body was not cooperating with this plan. I was having a crazy amount of contractions and they did not like that. They pumped me with a liter of fluid and took blood to send off to the lab. The fluid did not help my contractions calm down any so they decided to give me the shot to stop them before they did what they are meant to. :/ After more fluid, we were told we were going to have to stay for observation overnight. Joy. I had an ultrasound to check on my placenta and to see that my cervix was not dilated and that Claira-lynn was ok in there. So, I have officially had my first hospital stay overnight. When they moved us into a delivery room, it was a little scary seeing all of the equipment in there that I was not ready to use yet. The room was wonderful and I cannot wait to be there in a few short months, but I did not like seeing it this early. We finally were allowed to go home 24 hours after the time of collision. And boy was it a relief! Dr's orders were to rest and take it easy so that is exactly what I have been trying to do all weekend, but it is so hard! I am getting quite bored. BUT I know it is best for me and Claira-lynn if I do. We have a Dr's appointment on Tuesday so we will see what is said at that appointment. I am hoping we will still get to go on our vacation, but I am ready to do what I need to for my health and Claira-lynn's.


On a better note, the nurse that we had most of the night, Amber, who was wonderful, asked if we were taking any birthing classes. So I told her that we were taking the Bradley classes. She got a big smile and said that every woman who comes through there with that method loves it. That was so encouraging for me. There is not a lot of support for doing things all natural and there are many reasons. But there are also many reasons for why I am choosing to have our child this way and Carey and I could not be more excited for this journey. We have read about and heard in our classes how much the women who do this love it, but to hear it from a nurse that sees these women through the labor was so comforting.


We are so excited and anticipating the arrival of our precious princess, but this was just a little too soon. :)


(this was typed late and in a sleepy state, so I apologize if it is a little rambly)




2 comments:

  1. I'll be praying. I'm glad baby is ok in there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I am praying for you and Claira-lynn! So excited for you that there are only 8 weeks left till you get to hold her!

    ReplyDelete