Saturday, March 13, 2010

Saturday Festivities

Carey had the day off of work so we got to spend the entire Saturday together! :) It was wonderful! We decided to check out the Raleigh Flea Market which was a blast! It was quite large, but it was fun! We then decided to stop by the Crabtree Valley mall to check it out. (It is 1 of the 4 here in Raleigh.) I have to say that never in my life have I seen such a big parking garage and so many entrances for a mall! Carey and I were a little overwhelmed trying to get in and park with all of the traffic. Then once inside, I was even more overwhelmed. There were so many people and so many stores! This could just be because I am definitely not use to big cities, but it was a lot for this small town girl. I think I will definitely stick to my quaint Triangle Town Center Mall. :) Unless I want to go to Eddie Bauer, then I will have to suck it up and make the crazy trip. ;) It's amazing how God is changing our thinking and shaping our minds while we are here. While walking around the mall, Colossians 3:1-4 kept coming up as I was looking at a TON of trendy things. Those trendy items that I would like to have, do not control me; my God does. Seeing the MANY people walk around the mall and pass by, it was so evident that they are the ones that are important and are who we should be focused on loving; not the stuff. Not to say that I don't like the cute and trendy things anymore, but those are not important anymore.

Just a few thoughts from my mind as we finish this busy day. Going to meet dear friends at the airport tonight! I'm so excited! I'm ready to hear the stories they will have to share!




No comments:

Post a Comment